The project will involve a total of four volunteers for eight months and will take place in different places of Florence and in Tuscan countryside.
All activities of the project will be related to environmental issues and education at school, maintenance of green and protected areas, and active participation in the community at local, national and European level.
In particular, volunteers will take part in two different contexts: one is the office of Legambiente in Florence and the correlated activities in the city (campaigns, events, ESC promotion, environmental education at school); another one is the natural context of Tuscany countryside (parks and protected areas managed by Legambiente).
The ESC team will contribute to preserve biodiversity and environment through an ecological and sustainable approach and will promote a dialogue and a cultural exchange within our community. The idea of this project is to educate volunteers to be able to transmit eco-friendly lifestyle, discovered during the ESC project.
For these reasons, our perfect volunteer profile requirements the following features: strong motivation for the project and its topics, interest for the activities, flexibility to adapt to every situations, interest in children's education, spirit of collaboration/cooperation.
Volunteers will be involved from Monday to Friday in the activities, with flexible working hours. but, when necessary, they will work during the weekends, alwaysrespecting the two free days.
During first month volunteers will attend an Italian course in order to improve the language and allow them to familiarize with local culture.
Then, they will start the activities, the main of which are:
- organization and implementation of the main campaigns of Legambiente Toscana (Spiagge e Fondali Puliti, Piccola Grande Italia, Goletta Verde, Puliamo il Mondo, Festa dell'Albero).
- environmental education at school: volunteers will help in the planning of educational paths for every schools and they will take part in meetings with classes.
- work camps at Bioparco "I Frignoli": volunteers will work and live for some weeks in a park in Lunigiana, mantaining green and protected areas and organizing activities for visitors and tourist.
- work camps at Regional Park of Maremma: volunteers will work and live for two months (July and August) inside the park, cleaning and monitoring the beach and giving information to the tourists.
- exploration and monitoring of natural reserves
- organization of events, language tandem and infodays to promote European Solidarity Corps.
- training, workshops and seminars about environmental issues
Some activities request a light physical effort (i.e. conservation of green spaces, maintenance activities); on the other hand some activities request organization and communication.
The project will form volunteers to use their knowledge and personal skills to reinforce their ability in team working. Volunteers will also have the possibility to develop their own project and their new ideas in order to improve their skills and competencies.
The methods for developing these skills are informal and non-formal learning adjusted to the needs of the volunteers: supported by tutor and mentor, Legambiente Toscana will use group sessions, peer education and discussions and useful methods to grow up their personal, educational and professional profile.
Accommodation and pratical arrangement
Volunteers will live all together in an apartment in Florence, fully expensed. Besides this, each of them will receive monthly food money, pocket money and transport. Also travel costs will be refunded. Furthermore, for each activity, the Organization will provide the suitable equipment, if necessary.
Every interested person has to send curriculum vitae and motivation letter to Legambiente Toscana, that will take care of the selection process.
After analyzing these documents, Legambiente will schedule a skype interview with each of them, to give information about project and assess the candidate's eligibility.
After the end of the process, every candidate will receive the outcome of the selection.
Promotion video: https://www.facebook.com/legambiente.toscana.7/videos/773340409675353/